Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home Service Full Body Massage from Excellent Massage & Mobile Spa

I had never been much into professional massages. I felt that having a massage would be an exercise in futility since I would lose whatever relaxation I would feel with all the traffic, heat, pollution, and congestion when going home from the spa. So although there were tons of promos on massages, I never availed one.

Until I saw Excellent Massage and Mobile Spa's promo in CashCashPinoy. Theirs was a home service massage, longer than most massage offers I had seen (you could choose either 90mins or 120mins) yet very affordable (P190 instead of P375 for the 90min massage and P250 instead of P500 for the 120min massage). Scheduling was flexible, since they operated 24/7 and the offer was valid anywhere in Metro Manila. I bought four vouchers - one for me, three for an elderly relative who had been complaining of muscle and joint aches.


We had three appointments last month. Communication was good. On all three appointments, I got a text message several hours before, reminding me that I would be seeing their masseuse later that day. The masseuses were on time during the first and third appointments. On the second appointment, the masseuse was a bit late but I was informed beforehand by their office.

Excellent Massage & Mobile Spa

On the first visit, a girl named Ivy was the masseuse. She was skinny and fragile-looking but she was able to give firm massages and did not even look exhausted after giving back-to-back 90min massages. She was also very shy. We had to force her to eat some snacks after the first massage.

My only complaint was that the offer advertised the massage as a Swedish, Shiatsu, and Thai combination massage. One of the reasons why I got a voucher was that I didn't know how those kinds of massage differed from one another and I was hoping to get educated during my massage, but when I asked Ivy, she said that they hadn't been trained to do Thai massage yet. Anyway, no big deal for me. (If you're particular with the kind of massage that you want, better specify that when setting your appointment.)

The following day, the shoulder area near the base of my neck was sore. I should have told Ivy to ease up on the pressure there. Do not commit the same mistake as I did. Be more vocal about your preferences, especially about pressure or body parts that you don't feel comfortable being touched by others. If you have injuries or other medical conditions, better let them know before or during the massage so that they could customize the massage for you. My relative had high blood pressure and pains on her upper arm, so Ivy did not massage her nape but gave more attention to the arm and to the shoulder in order to improve the flexibility and circulation in those areas.

On the second appointment, the name of the masseuse was Annie and in the third, it was Kris. After three sessions, my relative was quite satisfied and claimed that the massages really helped in easing the discomfort she was feeling and she could now move her arm more. According to her, all three masseuses were also nice and polite.



Excellent Massage & Mobile Spa
3650 Davila Street
Makati, Metro Manila
Web site
Facebook page


43 comments:

  1. For a 90 minute massage, that is quite inexpensive na :) Would love to have a massage this week! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup their rates were pretty good esp considering that it's a home massage. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a SPA-dict as I need to loosen some stiff muscles after a run or a bike ride. It really helps in speeding up recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that athletes and athletic folks like you really reap the benefits of a good massage :)

      Delete
  3. wow half the price, that's a good deal! we always go to spa every weekend. i think i should search online for discount deals.

    see you here: http://carizzachua.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-i-wore-at-pfw-holiday-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the good spas near you also offer such promos :)

      Delete
  4. Great deal! Too bad the succeeding promos didn't cover Caloocan anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I usually have massage in the comfort of our bedroom. We don't go to any spa parlor anymore...until we've found out her cousin is a professional masseuse and we are now her regular clients. my wife just bought her a therapeutic oil and she doesn't charge us anymore but since she's a relative we still give her tip and of course we let her stay home whenever she's in our area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really preferable to have massages at home so you can sleep right after being relaxed. :D

      You get free massages, lucky you :D

      Delete
  6. I actually have a 'suki' home massage service. They're just in the QC area, so our place is conveniently accessible to them. The massage is pretty affordable and pretty good too. Although we would always have to book like a few hours before because they tend to come to us very late. Speaking of.. I miss getting a massage, might just call them today for one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that Mai. Continue enjoying those massages :)

      Delete
    2. ur address & body massage rate tell me.im boy

      Delete
  7. Man ako very unlucky sa mga massage2. Siguro out of 10 only 3-4 were actually good at it. ._.

    ReplyDelete
  8. never really experienced :) but i would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was a great deal for a home service massage.I always get free massage from hubby though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was I thought too massage can be an alternative for exercise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't experienced home service massage (if hilot doesn't count?). One time though, I got sick after a massage so I'm kinda weary just get one from somewhere I'm not aware of.

    Man, I think I really need to get one, one of these days. Thanks for the share! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I know, if your aim is relaxation, then you don't have to worry much. But if your goal is physical therapy, you really have to find a knowledgeable masseuse/masseur. I've heard that a bad massage can make you worse. In abroad, the massage therapists need to have a license compared to ordinary masseuses/masseurs.

      Delete
    2. I am a massage boy as well as a tour guide from Dhaka, Bangladesh. About me, I can assure u that I
      am well-educated, honest, sincere and like to keep things secret. I am looking for some Foreigner/ Local MALE customer to massage their full body & to give them relax. I DON’T have any shop. I will go to your hotel/ home, if u call me. My rate is cheap. You have to pay in U.S.Dollar OR equivalent Bangladesh Taka for FULL BODY MASSAGE. call me directly anytime at my cell no. 01926070271 (from Dhaka) OR +88 01926070271 (from abroad). If you come to Dhaka, you may call me from any land or cell phone.

      I will do MORE for you, if you need after full body massage. Take care…..
      Nirob

      If u come to Dhaka for few hours or
      for only 1 day, call me directly at my cell so that I can go to your hotel room as early as possible.

      Delete
  12. Sometimes home service is really good but there's a good chiropractor in sydney and I would love to visit that in time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is really a great deal. I havent tried cashcash pinoy. ma-try nga next tym :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is really a Good Deal! I wanna try their service. Weekend means pampering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've changed their areas of coverage some time ago. I hope your area is still covered :)

      Delete
  15. This could be new or it's just me but mobile spa is just clever. This is a must-try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice marketing strategy and it doesn't need a space to rent...i not into massage and spas...feeling ko nabubugbog ako...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need this right now. I didnt know we have this here in the metro. Tsk. This is cool. Di ko na kelangan maghanap ng spa, sila na pupunta sa bahay nyo. Hehehe. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just be careful with your belongings, I heard some some people lose valuable items after a home service!

    ReplyDelete
  19. never had a full body massage. sabi nila de-stressing daw as in >.<
    i should really try that one

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's a nice deal but i'm also worried on other deal site because many people have been telling that they are not true.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love getting and giving a nice massage. I'll probably avail the next promo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love massages.. mahal lang dito! sa pinas mga bulag nagmamasahe sa min .. kamiss.. need massage now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband and I used to have a monthly schedule for body massage but now that I am pregnant we stop. Body massage and spa has a great relaxing effect in our body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen massages for pregnant women but I'm not so sure just how safe those are.

      Delete
  24. I always wanted to try this service. But my husband didnt allow me. He just don't trust anybody in our house. Tsk tsk..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame your hubby. Just to be on the safe side, what we did was to put a mattress in the living room and have our massage there instead of in the bedroom. You and your hubby can also take turns - one watching over while the other one is getting a massage.

      Delete
  25. Sounds really cool and very good deal. Normally, massage shops ask for a double pay for a home service sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love massages, but I want to do it in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My husband prefer to have body massage
    at the massage parlor rather than at home because
    he wants the ambiance and air-conditioned rooms.
    But he should tag me along with him. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Call for Body Massage by Man... Only for Ladies. Just mail me relaxmassage75@gmail.com.
    Location : Dhaka, Bangladesh... Home Service Available. Total Satisfaction

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...