Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This Meat Lover Loved the Vegetarian Pasta Dishes at Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range

Read here for Part 1: Shooting Arrows at Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range and the Problem with our Ensogo Voucher

We hadn't had lunch at it was already mid-afternoon - we were starving! Looking at the menu board at the counter, at first we were a bit agitated because we thought Gandiva Cafe only served beverages and light snacks. Thankfully they did have pasta dishes available that day and we were handed the complete menu. There was one "catch" though: they only served vegetarian dishes.

To me, a meat lover, that was scary. Even if they had veggie meat. I had tried dining at a vegetarian restaurant before and I didn't like it. The food tasted funny to me. But we were already there - seven floors up One Corporate Center - and we were famished, so we took their menu and decided on what to order.


Taste
Bf ordered Spicy-Nut Sundried Pasta and Cranberry Fizz while I ordered Creamy Ham and Mushroom Pasta and Mango Yoghurt.

Spicy-Nut Sundried Pasta (a hint of spicy and nutty flavors blend
plus the added sweet and tart sundried tomatoes)


Creamy "ham" and mushroom pasta (creamy white sauce,
shiitake mushrooms, and veggie ham)

Cranberry Fizz and Mango Yoghurt

The pasta dishes were a great surprise. I had low expectations because I thought I disliked vegetarian food, but I was wrong. They were actually more delicious than a lot of "normal" pasta dishes I had tried. The sundried pasta had a very pleasing combination of sweetness and tartness. I couldn't stop from getting forkfuls off bf's plate. My creamy pasta was also good. The fake ham was great. It tasted like ham, its texture was like ham, the mouth feel was like ham. I suddenly understood why some vegetarians claimed that they were not missing out (I used to not believe that).

The drinks were also good. The cranberry fizz was refreshing and the mango yogurt balanced the creamy sauce of my pasta and prevented it from being cloying.



Affordability
The prices were okay and the servings were big enough to fill us up.

Creamy Ham and Mushrroom Pasta - P220
Spicy-Nut Sundried Pasta - P175
Cranberry Fizz - P80
Mango Yogurt - P100


Interiors
We sat on the brown couches near the windows. The couches were comfy and the huge windows provided adequate natural lighting as well as a good view of the metro as we ate. The dark brown wooden table we used had a few light marks but the marks were no big deal. Since the cafe was located in the seventh floor of the building and it was a weekend, the cafe was quiet and relaxing and there were only a handful of customers, unlike most cafes where there were constant chatter and commotion. Here, it was just a lazy Saturday afternoon.



Cleanliness
The place looked clean and orderly. There was also a sink near the couches but the comfort rooms were outside Gandiva.



Service
The lady who served us was nice and attentive. Our food also arrived quickly.


Now all I need to worry about is the Ensogo refund...



Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range
7F One Corporate Center
Julia Vargas Ave cor. Meralco Ave.
Ortigas, Pasig City, Metro Manila
Web site
Facebook page

3 comments:

  1. Food looks yummy. I am a meat lover too, hopefully I'll like this too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spicy-Nut Sundried Pasta is something i wanna try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...